My Tourism Noosa presentation on 9th June included a lot of references that weren’t captured in the slides so I thought I’d outline some of them here to help anyone who’s following up on their ‘to do list’ I gave them.
1. Commit time
Don’t delegate or outsourse these responsibilities, nobody is as passionate about your business as you. Set goals such as:
- Have a fully functioning presence in social media in the best 2 or 3 spaces within 6 weeks.
– Create 1 video per week
– Track 5 mentions of the brand per week within 3 months
2. Know your starting point
3. Select your measures of success and analytics
4. Set up alerts and do your research
5. Turn your site social, add content sharing tools
6. Discover the best space(s) for dialogue
Who’s creating content in this category? What do they do well, not so well? Where can I connect with them?
7. Listen, understand issues & opportunities
What types of conversations are going on?
Score the quality of the conversations (1-5)
Where are they happening? (what networks?)
Who’s adding what value?
What value could you add in each case?
Here’s 4 things you could ask yourself about what you uncover from that:
What are the conversations you’d like to have? (This goes to your true objectives.)
What are you going to enjoy talking about? (Where’s the fun in all this?)
How divergent are you licensed to be in terms of the content you produce and your subject matter? (things beyond your product or service eg related aspects of lifestyle? music? culture?)
What will be your voice, your agenda and your value proposition? How will you be useful?
8. Publish content that builds your authority
Show your passion, integrity, knowledge and do it with humility.
9. Find ways to help people become advocates
Instead of selling, think about helping and sharing.
Are you adding enough of the right kind of value?
10. Stop if it’s not fun anymore
Give yourself a break then come back refreshed.
Tags: social media